How to add a page to this site
Adding your words and pictures
Lots of the pages on this site have been added by members of the public. If you have something to share we’d love to hear from you. You can add your words and photos to this site instantly. Just go to our contribution form and off you go! You’ll be guided through the process by simple on-screen instructions and it only takes a few minutes.
It’s a great way to share your own stories, memories, pictures and research with the rest of the world.
So what could you add?
- an old photo of people or places in Hertfordshire
- a new photo recording some aspect of the county today
- memories of life in Hertfordshire
- information about some aspect of the county
It’s entirely up to you what you add, your memory can be of an event you attended last week or something that happened years ago. If you are unsure, look round this site to see what other people have added. Most people just add one photo or one paragraph of text, while others add whole photo galleries. In order to give a well rounded picture of the county, we also welcome contributions from historians and local history societies.
It’s so easy!
- You can contribute immediately – you don’t even need to register on the site unless you want to.
- If you do register, then you’ll be able to create a draft of your contribution now, and log in later to finish it.
- Our volunteer editors usually take a couple of days to add your pages to the website and an e-mail will be sent to you when your article goes live.
Why do I need to give my name and e-mail address?
Terms and conditions
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast).
- St Albans Out of Sight Out of Mind is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- St Albans Out of Sight Out of Mind may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
- St Albans Out of Sight Out of Mind cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop-owner).
Do you need any help with the material you’re thinking of adding? Do you need help with writing your story, or help with publishing it to the site? Please contact us.